Commissioning is the process of ensuring that building systems are designed, installed, functionally tested, and capable of being operated and maintained according to the owner’s operational needs. Commissioning also can restore existing buildings to high productivity through renovation, upgrade and tune-up of existing systems. However, the importance of commissioning is often neglected in the rush to get the building completed on time and the relevant tests are routinely undertaken by unqualified and inexperienced technicians, with no specialist qualifications. Therefore, FAC can provide a mixture of theoretical and practical training course for those who want to gain the essential commissioning knowledge.
We seek to equip trainees / students with the basic skills required to conduct the most common types of test.
The course will include:
Introduction of Building Commissioning
1. What is building commissioning
2. Why we need commissioning
3. The responsibilities of owner/designer/contractor/operator in term of commissioning
4. Benefit of commissioning
Introduction to the processes involved with Air and Water Systems Commissioning
1. Testing adjusting and balancing and verification, system by system
Introduction of Commissioning Management Process
1. The commissioning process on new building commissioning and retro commissioning
2. Case study
Commissioning and the Green Building Rating System, e.g. LEED, BEAM Plus
1. The relationship between commissioning and green building rating system
2. The introduction of LEED, BEAM Plus
3. The credits related to commissioning, how to get those credits related commissioning
Our training course is available as in-company training, the duration and the detail of the programme can be tailor-made.
Each training course is delivered by expert lecturers who bring their practical experience from the design office, the site and the plant room to the training venue. The participants will receive the corresponding course handouts for future reference.
Contact us with any queries.